✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am Thankful For... My 1st Celebrated Thanksgiving in 10 years !



Thanksgiving  Blessings

This year was our very first celebrated Thanksgiving in 10 years. My son and I celebrated this years Thanksgiving with my brother's family. My daughter had made other plans as she has her own little family now and couldn't be with us. She was shocked that we had even made plans for Thanksgiving Day.
After my husbands murder it became hard to celebrate and that first Thanksgiving came a few months after he was gone. We all gathered and tried to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday that year, but it was clearly not in us and forced. So the following year we just didn't try and stayed home and treated in like a normal day. Each year it became easier and easier to do. Christmas took a little longer to go, but it too became a normal day with no celebration as well. I tried to decorate a little and do some things that were done before, but it just didn't feel the same and the holiday felt like just normal days to us.
This year was a turning point for us, our little family. After ten years of no celebration of Thanksgiving Day we decided to change it all and let go of the pain and sadness we seems to hold on to, which stopped us from celebrating and enjoying these special holidays. We shared our first Thanksgiving with my brothers family and friends. My son and I ventured up to my brothers home for a warm, fun family filled Thanksgiving Day celebration. It was a great Turkey Day for my son and I and we loved that we got to share this thankful day with our family. That's what we were thankful for this Thanksgiving...Thankful to be able to celebrate again!
Thanksgiving Blessings

Thank u... Dana & Laurie <3


1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I have actually read your blog before, probably via Fit and Fab. You have helpful information and I am always looking for new ideas and motivation. Thanks again - and I look forward to following you!