✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Monday, October 24, 2011

Today's Workout !

dumbbells   
Today's workout!
Today is my long run @Kealakehe School ~ Lots of long hills =) 
5.5 miles this evening.. It was a great run! 
50 hill lunge walks ~ Just a little thigh pump to be sure I got them! 
http://www.studyzone.org/testprep/ela4/i/hill.jpg Started right at dusk and it was cool which makes it easier to run longer.. I do love to torture myself running in the sun, but when I want to do a longer run I will try to do it in the late afternoon when it's at least clouded over or at dusk.. My two dogs and I even went through a barricaded road by the school just to stay on my marked pathway..lol  Got a little dirty and rocky, but I love that! I used to run at my brothers house in coffee land & would do a mile up covered in big rocks, dirt, mac nut shells etc.. I would wear cleats to do my run there. I also had to be care full of the wild pigs at the top of the hill. A few times I did see them and it just made me do my mile up and mile down faster.. My main goal then was building muscle in my legs and okole, so running the hills and running them as fast as possible did the trick for a nice round, high okole (bum) and good strong legs. 
http://www.phuket.com/budget/worldclass-drives/images/steep.gif
I love my hills and now still do the shorter runs as fast as I can to keep from looking like a runner.. I do love longer runs and love to get a good rhythm and sometimes I don't want to stop, but I don't want a long distance runners body, so I normally keep my runs at 5-6 miles and under and keep them fast. NO jogging...lol  Nothing against jogging as it's all good. I just cannot jog or lift light weights it seems. Once you have done the hard core workouts and training it's extremely hard to come down a notch or two, even if you know it's good for you..
We all have to find what works best for our bodies, as each body works and responds differently to various training techniques. That's why it's good to change it up and see what works or doesn't work for your body.. I just happen to love torturing myself running hills..lol  I think it comes from the fun my brother and I had torturing each other when training together. Now I torture my son...=) He soon will be torturing his mom back.. I welcome it!





Bugs Bunny Eating Carrot Icon Icons Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif 
Today's diet!
4- boiled eggs 1-yolk , 1cup green tea ~
1 smoothie ~ (papaya, strawberry, banana, mango) 1scp.protein, 1scp. creatine  Flax seed oil ~
2- black bean burritos w/spinach lettuce, mozzarella cheese   16oz water ~
1cup green tea ~ 

No comments: