✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Today's Workout !

dumbbells 
Today's workout!                                           
I planned on doing a nice 5 mile run this afternoon w/some added exercises.. but I listened to my body and it was telling me "Rest" I always know when I may being just lazy or when my body truly needs to repair. The soreness from three hard workout days in a row was what my body needed to repair from. I always feel guilty when I don't workout even if it is a well deserved rest day =(  In a way that is good as it keeps me in check and keeps me from using being sore as a excuse not to train.  

I always find a reason to train, but being a competitive bodybuilder and lifting weights for 20+ years I know how important muscle repair is to you overall. Our bodies need rest to repair so we can grow, so if we don't allow our bodies to do this then we end up over training. "Over training" is a bad thing, and if you are over training you are not making gains, repairing or doing anything good for or to your body.

I will do a post this coming week about "Over-training" what it means to you and your body, and my own experiences over training my self.  So until then I will take this beautiful Sunday afternoon and rest my body & hopefully my mind too!



Bugs Bunny Eating Carrot Icon Icons Emoticon Emoticons Animated Animation Animations Gif 
Today's diet!
1 large smoothie ~ (mango, papaya, banana, strawberry) 1scp.protein  1scp. creatine
16 oz water ~
1 large cup home made chili w/ some shredded mozzarella cheese ~ Mmmmmmmm  good stuff !
1-diet pepsi ~
16 oz water  1cup green tea

No comments: