✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Exercise of the Week ~ T-Bar Row = Follow-up!

Weight Lifting 1                                  

This is to follow up on the "Exercise of the Week" post on Saturday 10/8 ~  T bar Row!
I explained how to do the T-bar row at the gym on the T-bar row machine that is available at most gyms. I also gave a " At Home" version of my favorite T bar rows ...free hand style!
Weight LiftingI happened to find a picture of this free hand style T-bar row that I was first taught when I started weight lifting. I do prefer this free hand style T-bar row verses the T-bar row machine found in most local gyms. I just prefer free weights, weight lifting as I was trained on free weights and feel they build a better more powerful muscle than you can get from most machines. This is just my personal opinion, that is why I explain in detail how to execute both machine and free style in this exercise... T-bar Row 
Weight Lifting 3 The straight barbell can be stuck in a corner or if you have a place to hold bar secure so it doesn't move as shown in picture below. This gives you a idea of how I explained how to do the T-bar row free style. Perfect for lifting in your home gym. Squatting over the bar more towards the top part where the weight is, your knees bent, back flat with your head up. Both arms extended as you pickup the bar and then pull weight towards your chest...just as shown in picture. The plate will actually hit your chest at the top of each rep, and then full extend your arms down to complete the row. Keeping your body tight in set squat position while doing your full set of reps. Then Repeat ~
Bent Over Two-Arm Long Bar Row 
Free Style Bent-Over T-bar Row w/long Barbell

Weight Lifting 1

No comments: