✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Inspire me ~ "I'm Winning"

http://www.uni.edu/dor/dining/images/ribbon.pngNPC Open Hawaiian Classic ~ 4 months after doing my first bodybuilding competition in a NPC Novice Bodybuilding Show.. 1st Place!!! A great moment =)

 
I trained for over 5 years closely withe my workout partner, trainer & brother Dana before even thinking about stepping out on stage. I was shy and so scared in my 1st Novice Show. I placed 2nd because I was too shy and didn't show myself well. I had the muscle and shape, just needed to come out of my shell. I didn't realize it was a personality contest? I got some great advice from guest poser 6x Ms Olympia "Cory Everson" and I went back 4 months later and entered a NPC Open bodybuilding show ~ Took 1st place & best poser award!  I new women was born. Not shy anymore and I never looked back!

One other change I made which won me the best poser award was to choreograph my own routine and pick my own music. My first show as a novice I let someone else pick my music and choreograph my routine. Big Mistake!!! I found out the feeling, and expression in your routine needs to come from within you. You need to feel it and then show it on that stage. That I did, and it was a great lesson for me because it gave me many best poser awards for years to come! Something I never felt I could do? I did!
It just goes to show you, that our minds are extremely strong and we can do just about anything if we have the drive, dedication and work dam hard at it!!!
http://www.uni.edu/dor/dining/images/ribbon.png

No comments: