✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Fitness Blog World" New Post Topic Today ~ Dec.4th

  How do you keep on track through the holidays with regards to my nutrition and exercise? 
 

Well, for me this time of year during the holiday season is just like the rest of the year. I pretty much keep to my regular eating and exercise pattern right on schedule throughout the holidays.

The one thing I will do when the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons is upon us. I will check what day of the week Christmas and New Years lands on and if it does land on a scheduled workout day I will adjust my schedule to have the holiday as my rest day. This is very easy to do and it allows me to keep my training on track without interruptions or set backs taking time off. I am then able to enjoy the holiday without feeling guilty about missing a scheduled workout day.
http://www.crescentblues.com/7_12issue/other_pics/xmas%20dinner.jpgThe same thought will go for my diet for the holidays. I will save my free day for the holiday. I will continue to eat healthy and clean during the week and or prior to the the day the holiday lands on. Thanksgiving is a easy one because it always lands on Thursday. I will just trade my Saturday free day for Thursday so I am able to enjoy the Thanksgiving food freely without guilt. Then when Saturday comes up I just stay on my regular diet as normal. It's a very easy thing for me to do because I sometimes don't even take my free day on Saturday. I will some weeks skip a free day and take it when I feel the need to or I have really earned it.

I will do the exact same thing for both my diet and training on Christmas depending on what day of the week the holiday lands on. I will check ahead and adjust my training and diet to the day Christmas and New Years lands on. I have been known to train on holidays just like they were normal days in the week. Only if I have plans or something special that takes all day or more will I substitute days to have the holiday totally off.  I feel there's always time for a workout  =) 
http://www.ssbbw-magazine.com/images/Fitness-Girl.jpg  I feel if you allow yourself to go too far off track in taking more than 1-3 days off for holidays or special events you will get too comfortable "Comfort Zone" and for some people it can lead in to more time off. It is so easy to take that 1-3 days right in to a week off and sometimes more.. Especially during the holiday season with all the things to do and parties to go to. If you plan ahead so you don't have to take more than 1-3 days off during this special time of year, you will not get off track and be in a better place physically when the New Year hits you!

One thing I am doing this year is I started a detox cleanse in December instead of waiting till January. Most people would wait till after the holidays to do a detox cleanse, but I felt the need to do mine a month earlier. I do them a few times throughout the year to clear and rid my system of toxins and to just start with a clean slate. I wanted to try out a new detox cleanse that I have read about and researched. It just so happened to be this month I decided to try it out. The cleanse is for 10 days, longer if you choose to go more days. But, I will be able to have Christmas to enjoy some good eating like the rest of the world.
jumping pie

We are all different and we all have different traditions during the festive holiday season. I am sure we are all the same though in thinking we don't want any major set backs to hinder all our hard work this year keeping fit and healthy. So plan ahead for special holiday parties, family gatherings, special dates and for main holiday days! Be consistent on the days in between doing your workouts, training and eating clean and healthy. Change your schedule around if your able and if not just stay on track the days you can. Then you will feel good and be able to enjoy all the special holiday events without any guilt or major set backs. No one wants to spend all of January or even February making up for Decembers celebrations. 


Happy Holidays To All !!!
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/images/csphoto/1107/00/00/13/13/38/103163_enlrg.jpg




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a great plan!!!

I like your blog!

✿islangurl said...

Aloha Collen.. Mahaho, you are so kind to say that, and I am happy you like it.

I do have a plan and hopefully our blog posts will inspire others to make fitness holiday plans of there own and not have that terrible guilty unfit feeling when January 1st hits.

Merry Fitness girl =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Thomson said...

Really Good Post!!

The iMRS is truly the most effective PEMF health and wellness device available on the market today. Please browse our pages and discover more information about the iMRS. IMRS Store

Tami said...

Great post...going through the time off thing right now. I've only worked out Sunday and won't be back to the gym til Friday...trying not to obsess about it. I think this will be my toughest week, so if I get 3-4 good workouts next week I will be happy. I don't usually get comfortable taking time off. Many times it gives me more motivation when I go back. As well as soreness...lol