✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Friday, January 20, 2012

" Zoom Towards Your New Fit Body "

  Weight loss is a lot like driving a race car. In order to get results, you must focus on where you want to go. Saying what you don’t want – “I don’t want to be fat” – is not going to get you there. Saying “I want to lose 10 pounds this month” instead gives you clarity and focus. It also gives you a deadline.

As soon as you establish a deadline, it’s time to get a fitness routine started! Plan on doing at least three 30-minute cardio sessions a week. Then squeeze in 2-3 strength-training sessions a week. Not sure which strength-training move to try? Start with an easy lung or some body squats to get your muscles working.

weight If you have the means to go to a local gym and can afford to go it would be the best gift you could give yourself.  There you can learn about strength training and more about fitness and how to make it a part of your life after you conquer your weight loss goals. Don't stop after you lose that goal of 10-15 pounds. Fitness is not just about losing weight, it maybe how most of us start out but it's a way of life and incorporating a fit life style in to your daily life will keep you fit, happy and keep those extra 10-15 pounds from regaining control of life and your body again.
If you cannot afford a gym membership it's not an excuse to just give up or give up on living a fit lifestyle so don't use it as one! Many training old school and start by making their own home gym. You can start small by purchasing a set dumbbells, a bench and keep adding as you go. There are so many other training techniques you can use if you just open up yourself to trying them and if you have the desire, drive and dedication to work yourself hard on your own. 
Keep yourself motivated and use simple training techniques like...Running, sprinting, fast paced walking, jumping rope for cardio work. Using a set of dumbbells or a single kettlebell can give you a great strength training workout. Strength moves with weight are the best way to begin. If your just starting out then educated yourself daily and every chance you get. There are so many great exercise DVD's, online information and workouts to get you going and started on your path to living a fit healthy life style. 


I love both the gym and working out from home. I built my own home gym slowly starting with a set of 20-lb dumbbells and a flat bench and I just kept adding and continue to do so. I use running, punching bag, my Elliptical trainer for my main cardio work. I use weights for my strength training. I even change it up and do strength/cardio together with Kettlebell workouts, tire flipping and some old school exercises I love to add in to keep my body from adapting to any regular training schedule. I never get bored and most importantly my body never gets use to a set exercise training routine. The only thing regular is that I do my training 3-4 days on and on day off. My body can count on that on a regular basis!
Now give your body and yourself something healthy and fit to count on. Be the best healthy you this year! Don't be afraid to ask for help! Your new fit body and lifestyle is out there waiting for you...Go out and get it then train hard for it!