✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Monday, August 13, 2012

"Timing is Everything"

You’ll hear from a lot of fitness experts that you should work out in the morning. And while there are plenty of good reasons to start your day off with exercise, you should also consider your personal circumstances. Some people are naturally more energetic in the morning, while others hit their peak at the end of the day. If you’re a night owl, schedule your workout for the evening – you’ll have more energy and burn more calories.

The same philosophy goes for other daily tasks. Try to accomplish as much as you can during the time of day that you’re most alert, rather than force yourself to be productive when you just don’t have the energy. On the flipside, make sure you make the most of your low-energy moments by setting aside time during that part of the day for a nap or sit-down tasks that won’t leave you feeling drained.

I have most of my good energy in the afternoons and have always done my heavy workouts in the afternoons or early evenings. I have tried many times to force myself to do early morning workouts and there were times in my life I had no other choice to do morning workouts, but if I have a choice I choose to workout when I have the most energy and feel good working out. Even when I run I prefer to run after lunch time to late afternoon. It's when I have the most energy and can put so much more into my running or workouts than if I push myself to workout too early.  I have had some great workouts at the early time of 5am and been able to excel, but I know my body has it's most stamina and  power in the afternoons or early evenings. So, everyone needs to find that perfect time where they are at their strongest, and can give their best performance possible. Don't force yourself to do what others are doing, you need to do what works best for you and your own body. That's when you will excel the most and be happy doing so. Be happy in being fit and healthy.

2 comments:

Tari said...

I have attempted to make myself a morning person, but it just isn't so. I am a early evening, late night person and find my motivation is better during those times of the day as well. Thanks for the reminder to listen to my body!

✿islangurl said...

Aloha Tari

I am the same, my energy comes in the afternoon early evening and even late evening. I have done the early morning workouts and I do love the feeling that you get from a early morning workout, but I am not at my best or total strength at that time. I will do it once in a while or if I have if that is the only time I have to get my workout in but if I have a choice I workout when I am at my best and strongest. It's good that you recognize this and you're listening to your body. =) Keep training hard girl!!!