✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Monday, August 27, 2012

"Don't Be a But Head"

If there is one thing I can point to that definitely interferes with one's ability to get fit and healthy, it's the dreaded But Syndrome. I think we all know some 'but people,' and you may actually be one yourself. Now don't misunderstand me, because I'm not referring to any physical feature here. The 'but' I'm talking about is the word. It's the one word that follows almost every sentence that 'but people' complete regarding getting fit and healthy.
 
Here are a few examples I am sure we've all heard before or even said ourselves... I was going to exercise after work but... I didn't want to eat that piece of cake but... I was going to start my diet today but... If you want to have that fit body and healthy life you dream about, it's time to get off your 'but.' Butt! Get off your butt and start doing, moving and making it happen instead of using but excuses to keep you from achieving your fitness goals.

It's really true when you think about it. That single word negates everything said before it, and it's that very word that separates you from healthy living. Just to drive this point home even more, you will notice that 'u' is right smack dab in the middle of 'but.' Excuse my pun here, but 'u' have got to get your 'but' out of there. Your assignment for today is to give this some honest thought and decide if you suffer from the But Syndrome. Listen to your sentences today regarding healthy living, and see how often they end with this debilitating word. It's time to stop this nonsense and get your 'but' moving. And I suggest you move it far, far away from your procrastinating and excuse-making sentences. Once you do that, healthy living is close at hand.

No comments: