✿islandgurl

✿islandgurl

Friday, September 7, 2012

"Ditch Your Diet Obsession"

There comes a point in every hard-core dieter's life when she must ask herself, "Have I become so obsessed with weight loss that I'm actually compromising my health? Dieting serves two purposes – looking better and feeling better. But when dieters become more concerned with being skinny than with being healthy, they hand over control of their life to food. This paves the way for eating disorders like anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge eating.
Coming from having a eating disorder myself, anorexia nervosa for a good 5-6 years I know what it's like to look in the mirror and not see what everyone else sees. I also know what it took to pull myself out of the disease and become something better, more healthy and far more attractive than what I thought was me striving to be perfect as I thought I had to be to be accepted. My sole mission was just being skinny and I trained as a swimmer back then and would exercise half of the day with only a apple and a glass of milk some days. I see so many girls/women today just trying to be skinny and starving themselves on what they call dieting? Their goal is just being skinny no matter what the cost to their health. What these girls/women don't realize is in striving to be thin and beautiful they are clearly robbing their beauty to become thin, skinny because they feel that's what being beautiful is. There is nothing beautiful about a starving, malnourished body! Nothing beautiful at all... It's decay and death not a diet.

Surprisingly, an obsession with calories, the scale and fad diets can backfire, causing you to gain weight. Here are some classic symptoms of an obsessed dieter:
1. You ignore your body's hunger pains
2. You no longer enjoy eating food
3. You constantly deprive yourself of indulgent food
4. You rely too heavily on designating "bad" foods from "good" foods, ignoring the concept of portion control.
5.You avoid social situations where food is a centerpiece out of fear of temptation or feeling self-conscious for eating.
6. You fixate on achieving a nearly impossible standard of beauty.
Stop dieting and live a healthy, fit life style and once you do this you will see how much more in control you are about how you look and feel. It's not just about your body being skinny, it's about how you feel inside as well as outside. You can workout, eat clean and see you're true beauty blossom before you like never before. This is NO diet, it called Fit4Life!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I actually have a problem. I just step on a scale and worry myself because I want to keep my weight under a certain class. It sucks because I have relied so much on a scale that getting down to that weight class has almost consumed me. It is scary to be honest.